Paul,

On 07/14/2012 10:56 PM, paul swed wrote:
Bob
Yes nights are bad for me, east coast and MSF interference.
So it could be any number of 60 KHz crossing its just odd it lined up the
way it did and I double confirmed that I was not doing something silly like
using alternate triggers.

As your house and antenna rig (nice antenna by the way) lies 2795060 m away from the WWVB transmitter house (approximation for north and south antenna phase-center to get a first measure) and considering that each 60 kHz cycle takes about 5 km (4996.54 m will do for approximation) it is not strange that they line up for you, as you are 559.399 cycles away from the WWVB antenna, and there are numbers of factors I haven't corrected for, like actual speed of light. How much ground wave are you seeing?

Very careful analysis does show a 1-2 us jitter and at diurnal shift I
really expect something to change it has to.

The amount of ionospheric reflection will most probably be part of it.