On 7/23/12 3:23 PM, Tom Van Baak wrote:

Hi Pete,

Yes, there are several ways to represent frequencies:

1) Absolute units of Hz. For example 60 Hz, or 32.768 kHz, or
3.579545 MHz, or 9.192631770 GHz. Note some modern texts use s⁻¹ (1/s
or s-1) instead of Hz or Hertz. Or, you can always show your age and
use cps (cycles per second).

or, as the directional couplers I've been working with the last few weeks say, 2-4 KMC

We have boxes of these Narda 10,20 and 30 dB couplers with N connectors, all bought for Ranger and Mariner. I joke that they are older than most of the engineers using them. The cal tags on some probably qualify as historical documents.