On 10/4/2012 9:45 AM, Tom Van Baak wrote:
Bob,

Right, not good. There should be a fault message associated with it. Check the
internal log.

OTOH, to conserve cesium, I've heard that some people run 5071A in standby mode
most of the time and only turn on the cesium for a fraction of an hour a day or
a week (to recal the quartz). Running in this standby mode is also advisable if
one wants the best short-term performance out of a 5071A, without the loop
noise. In this respect it's just like a GPSDO - you get the best short-term
performance if you turn off disciplining.

/tvb

Hi

Is "Cs oven: 0.0V" a good thing on a 5071A?

I suspect not, since either it or GPS is off frequency.