On 10/9/12 10:09 AM, Chris Albertson wrote:
For wall displays, I've noticed more and more people simply mounting a
large HD TVs to the wall and driving it with a computer.  Even the
menu board in back of Starbucks and the directory near the elevator
that lists who is in what room on that floor.  I've seen the 9:16 TVs
mounted vertically too.

Interestingly, I have two 42 inch monitors already up on the walls.. but I wanted to avoid getting them too cluttered with other displays.

Also, the TV draws many watts compared to some small LED display.

Is a TV set "turn key"?  Maybe not if you lack the staff to create the
display graphics.  But from a hardware point of view it is

Oh.. it's trivial to throw up a time display in a window on the big display.. We've even got a cool little java ap that does Mars time so you can tell if your co-worker who's doing MSL ops is likely to be in their office, or asleep at home. For this application we are totally earth based, though.

That said, any high quality wall clock will work.

Actually, most high quality wall clocks don't do things like DOY. But I know they exist, which is what I'm looking for..