Dear fellows,

I'm searching for a counter that allows me to make automated measure series. Of course, Allan Deviation is an important thing to determine when experimenting with or developing GPSDOs (what I intend). So it seemed to be a nice thing to measure phase deviation with a counter (HP 53132A or SR-620 or so).

When experimenting with that stuff I discovered, that all my equipment would not be adequate to determine Allan Deviations beyond 10e-11 (or so). The question is, can any counter deliver that precision / low noise to make such measurements possible? Or does it have to be a more sophisticated technique, such as cross spectrum analysis?

Thanks a lot in advance

Volker

(I guess you recognize, that I am just a newbie to that all)