I've just finished fitting new cells into my 5065A battery pack. A bit of a struggle since it is quite a tight fit to re-use the original plastic container. For information, the only cells I could find that just about fit, and even then one has to remove the plastic covering from them, were the tabbed version of part number CD-SC2200P from BatterySpace.com. These are 2200 mAH Sub C NiCads, so very similar in capacity to the originals. Total cost including tax and shipping, was around $60 for the 21.

Southern California Edison can now resume their normal abysmal service... :^)

Dan