Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2013 11:35:02 +0100
From: Filip Amator <filip.ama...@gmail.com>
To: time-nuts@febo.com
Subject: [time-nuts] 5120A and PM singal

Hello,

I made a simple measurement using Symmetricon 5120A phase noise
measurement set and a Marconi 2024 signal generator and I don't
understand the results. I measured the phase noise of 10 MHz signal
with 1 Rad phase modulation at 10 kHz, and I got from mesurement peak
at 10 kHz with level about -26dBc/Hz. According to the current
definition of dBc/Hz, the value of -26dBc/Hz should be considered as a
-26dB of modulation relative to 1 Rad. But I would expect that the
peak level will be at 0 dBc at 10 kHz. Does anyone knows how to
explain this difference?

Filip Ozimek

End of time-nuts Digest, Vol 102, Issue 51