To quote WarrenS:

To allow the Tbolt to work with weak signals from any antenna that I've tried,
even when indoors, I start by setting the TBolt's AMU level from the default of
4
down to 0. This can be done with the Tbolt S/W or LH.

My general AMU setting goal is to make it low enough so that the TB is always
using a minimum of three satellites. If the TB ever does goes into holdover,
that
should be fixed, because that will cause some serious freq offset noise at the
TBolt's output, The usual holdover fix is to give the antenna a better view of
the
sky and/or  lower the TBolts AMU setting. It is better to set the AMU too low
which will allow it to use weak signals all the time than it is to set it too
high
and have No signals even for a short time.

After lowering the AMU value, if you want to optimize the setting, LH has all
kinds of tools to help, such as the sat signal strength plot.

ws

-Chuck Harris

Garren Davis wrote:

The antenna has a pretty clear view of the sky. I notice that whenever a
satellite
drops out it causes the oscillator white trace and the DAC green trace to jump
around. I wonder why that happens when there are 6 other good satellites.

I can go back in time by using the down arrow and I see that it was pretty
steady
overnight until the furnace turned on to heat up the house. It's amazing how
sensitive it is.

Garren