Bruce wrote:

Switch mode power supply ?
FLL or PLL loop?

It's a distribution amplifier, so one wouldn't expect it to have an FLL or PLL loop -- and the manual does not mention one. However, according to the manual it does have (in sequence) a low-Q LC input filter, a rather aggressive differential-pair limiter, and a high-Q filter (a 10.7 MHz IF transformer tuned down to 10 MHz). The signal then goes through a 2.4x IC amplifier to seven output buffers, each comprising three emitter followers in series. There is a low-pass filter (11.5 MHz) and a 20 MHz notch filter on each output. [This all assumes that Magnus was using an Option 1, 10 MHz unit, which appears to be the case from his description of the circuit.]

Magnus -- I have a manual, but no schematics. If you scan and post the schematics somewhere (e.g., Didier's site, <http://www.ko4bb.com/Manuals/01)_Upload_Instructions.php>), we will be in a better position to help.

Best regards,

Charles