For some reason, I always had trouble with the XP time service so I disabled it and added a different NTP demon. I never had another problem.

As I understand it, NTP never does DST changes. That's up to your OS to handle. I live in an area that doesn't do DST changes so I've never had to deal with it - other than dealing with some WWVB clocks that don't let you disable DST!

Ed