On Sat, 27 Apr 2013 16:16:17 -0400, Paul Swed wrote:

>I looked and must have hit the same site you did for the sulzer. Yes I
>expect a lonnnng warmup. I used them in the navy and we never let them go
>cold. circa 1973-1979. Took them to the cal lab on battery etc. I thought
>maybe I would have a manual I don't.
>You are lucky to get one. Great reference. I do have two model 5a sulzers.
>I actually use one to generate the lab frequencies for "stuff". I really
>should put it back together which I can do and just create a more modern
>divider. That would consume less power and be equally clean also take less
>space. 1 RU.
>Regards
>Paul
>WB8TSL

These are neat little machines.  But this one is still sticking to it's
abnormal inner oven
temp and is not moving.  I'll let it cook a little longer then may have to do
some invasive
diagnostics.

I keep an odd assortment of whatever-I-can-find oscillators around the lab for
use
as external time base clocks for frequency counters that I use to look at
frequency offsets in stabilized light sources by heterodyning their outputs
against a
calibrated optical source to generate more easily measured RF products in the
microwave range.  I'm hoping this little guy will start to show its stuff soon.

Greg