Am Samstag, den 17.08.2013, 09:56 -0500 schrieb Alan Kamrowski II:
> Hi Guido,
>
> So you didn't "fake" the data from the UT, you only made something to ask the
> UT to output it.

That´s exactly what I did, although I used the "fake" approach before
that , when I didn't have a UT on hand.

> I see some UT units on eBay, but I don't recognize the antenna connectors.
> I've got a small screw on antenna (SMA?), but the ones on eBay look like that
> small round push on like I've seen in notebook computers or something that
> looks like SMA, but doesn't seem to have threads - push on???
>
> Does the UT require a specific antenna?

As has already been pointed out, no special antenna is needed as long as
it's happy with a 5V supply. I believe I used a connector from a
wifi-module of a laptop computer to put together an adapter.
Aren't these called  smc-connectors and come in normal and reversed
fashion?

Have fun,
Guido