Bob,

Most EFC circuits are relatively high impedance, i.e., around 50K. So, we are talking micro amps of current flow.

If there is jitter it is most likely somewhere else in the circuitry OR you are seeing the "natural " noise in the GPS system.

Bill....WB6BNQ

Bob Stewart wrote:

I think I may need to change the LPF feeding the EFC in my GPSDO to get rid of
dithering jitter.  Is there any point in adding a resistor and cap in the EFC
line, or do I need to go back and change the values in the op-amp circuit
feeding it?  Currently an op-amp directly feeds the EFC pin.  I guess this
boils down to something like: is there any meaningful current flow in EFC
circuit in this oscillator?  Or should I add them but will I probably have to
change the existing filter, as well?

Bob - AE6RV