I am new to this list and to this topic, but it seems to me that if one wants to come up with an average of a set of spatial measurements, one would use distance as the parameter to be averaged. The distance would presumably be that from a fixed spatial reference point (0,0,0). One would then take the square root of the sum of the squares of latitude, longitude and height. My problem with this is that I can't see what one would use for the reference point, but maybe that is not important (or maybe it is!).

DaveD