> Le 23 déc. 2014 à 01:41, Ryan Stasel <rsta...@uoregon.edu> a écrit :
>
> Ed,
>
> Not 100% sure this is the same model, but it would seem to indicate there's a
> PPS signal on the DCD pin (from the gpsd-users list circa 2007):
> http://marc.info/?l=gpsd-users&m=118340900010559&w=2
>
> Have a 'scope to check what that pin looks like?

 Unfortunately, according to
<http://n3ujj.com/TripMate_Self_Start_Modification.html> , this signal is not
available on the DB9 output.
I have a working Jupiter TU60-D120 timing receiver which appears to use this
chip (sourced from Sirf) which has a 1PPS on the headers pin6. I spent some
time yesterday trying to trace back that pin to the 11577-11, but failed. I
think I would need to probe it under power to go further but am hitting a
couple of issues that are holding me up.
The first is plain logistics. I have no free 12V power for the mother board
(supplies buffered 10KHz and 1PPS on SMA plus a DB9 out) and the second more
important is that I don’t know how to be sure of not shorting the 11577-11 pins
when probing if it is power up. It’s a .5mm pitch chip and my probe which is
pointed has the habit of slipping off the pins. There must be special tips to
prevent that but I don’t have one. Any tips (as in help) appreciated. Another
difficulty is keeping an eye on the scope while at the same time probing. This
is a recurring problem that I don’t know how to fix. I expect that there are
logic probes made for SMDs but I have none of those either.
 I will get a new 12V source after Xmas and have a careful poke. If anyone
knows of a source of cheap(ish) isolated probes (or removable tips) or a
convenient work around, I would appreciate the help.
Happy holidays to all,
Mike