Folkert,

As far as I know the transmitted signal has not changed and is its normal strength with me. Have you thought that you may be experiencing some form of interference to the signal? If you can monitor the signal on a receiver, maybe on a long wave broadcast receiver, you may find that there are many loud noises heard from wall mounted power units, computer supplies etc. In particular the use of computer networking equipment that uses the household electricity supply cables, such as homeplug, can be very destructive. Can you check if you have connected some new equipment such as a laptop, telephone charger etc and as a test disconnect them all and see if the receiver then works OK.

Best of luck in finding the problem

Peter