On 2/21/15 9:32 AM, Alberto di Bene wrote:

So I agree that the best use I can make of that Navstar "mushroom" unit
is to pry it open, and try to find the
electrical signals before they are converted to optical... at least now,
thanks to David, I know what the supply
voltage of the beast is... then, with the aid of a logical states
analyzer, maybe some reverse engineering of
the data stream could be done.... perhaps... :-)

And if it has a reasonably standard optical fiber connector, that's pretty useful.. you can often get fiber cheaper than coax these days (except in real short lengths), and it's a lot easier to route.