On 5/9/15 5:15 AM, Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:
I spent some time capturing some data today.

The measurements is from my $20 loop-antenna in the attic, which is
something like 8 meters up and 10 meters besides the lawn-mower loop:

        http://phk.freebsd.dk/time/20150509.html

Clearly, you need a better nav system for the robot based on precision time of flight measurements from a network of transmitters around the property linked to your hydrogen maser.

More practically, what about some sort of canceller.. This is low frequency, so if you put a "pickup loop" near the wire, you can collect a sample of the transmitted signal, and then adjust the mag and phase to cancel at your timing receiver antenna. I suspect the variation in mag and phase will be quite small over time/temperature/weather/volume occupancy.