On 12/08/2015 22:26, Willy Willemse wrote:

Hi,

> My question is, if somebody from the Time-Nuts society have an image laying
> around which support a third and a fourth serial port?

The problem lies in the uart attachment, FreeBSD kernel needs some glue code to attach sio(4) driver to the minipci card serial ports.

If the image has been built with phk's NTPns archives, NTPNS kernel configuration file should already include puc(4), the glue code for sio(4) pci attachment.

It may be necessary to add support for the minipci card you bought in /usr/src/sys/dev/puc/pucdata.c (pciconf -lv should give the required information).

I'm afraid I can't help more ATM, I'm facing an issue when trying to build a ntpns NanoBSD image on both 6.3-RELEASE & 7.4-RELEASE FreeBSD boxes. ntpns linking fails with undefined references to math functions in libphk.

Hope to solve these issues and bring back my spare 4501 to life as a ntp server...

Éric