On Sun, May 1, 2016 at 5:44 PM, Tom Van Baak <t...@leapsecond.com> wrote:
> This particular issue -- how to synchronize (or, at least phase compare)
> multiple oscillators by a two-way laser link over a few km to within 500 ps
> -- is really quite interesting. It would, for example, allow me to do live
> monitoring of 5071A Cs time dilation on my next mountain-valley relativity
> experiment.

Maybe Koruza [1] could be a good starting point for such a
development. It does not meet the distance spec in its current state
but it is not too expensive and it's all open source hardware (and
software of course). I am pretty sure the Koruza team would be happy
to collaborate.

Cheers,

Javier

[1] http://koruza.net/