On 5/23/2016 3:54 PM, Dave M wrote:
Dan,
If you haven't already found the Z3801A page at http://www.realhamradio.com/GPS_Frequency_Standard.htm, you should read it thoroughly (in your case, especialy the section on the power supply). there is a good pictorial that shows locations of all the power supply test points. Using that pictorial, you should be able to determine which power supply is causing the problem (there are several).
Dave, it's completely dead. I do have a schematic of the board (of uncertain origin), but I suspect it is one of the DC/DC convertors that is dead. It just puts the power supply I'm feeding it from into tick mode but I can't find any obvious short anywhere. It could be a Tantalum inside one of the aforesaid convertors, but it's not blown any pico fuses.

I will continue to puzzle over it...

Dan