This has probably been covered in the past, but is there a way correct or control a PC (Windows 7) clock with the HP 58503A GPS receiver? I just bought one (on the way now) and have a copy of satstats50 on hand. I've been using Dimension 4 and I'm surprised at the size of correction every couple minutes to my PC clock. I'd be happy if my PC clock were accurate to plus/minus 100ms.
Ron
==============================

Ron,

Have you tried NTP?

 http://www.satsignal.eu/ntp/setup.html

You may also be able to use the PPS output from your HP 58503a in conjunction with a serial NMEA feed to sync your PC to much better than 10 ms, but NTP alone should be good enough for 100 ms if you have a half-decent Internet connection. The only times we've seen issues have been when the PC's motherboard clock is broken (drift more than 43 seconds/day in NTP terms).

Some notes on using PPS with Windows may be gleaned here. Although the device mentioned is no longer available, the general principles will apply.

 http://www.satsignal.eu/ntp/Sure-GPS.htm

Cheers,
David
Web: http://www.satsignal.eu