I use the frequency relationship ratio as an indication of how difficult the design is. Divide the oscillator frequency with the comparator frequency, and the number gives you a ratio, how many output cycles it goes between each comparison. Things like smoothing becomes harder when this number becomes large. Lock-in etc. also becomes harder.

1-100 is relatively trivial.
1000 is a little challenging and start to need care.

By increasing the comparator frequency, I made designs more trivial and that has helped a lot to get the job done without too much hassle.

I bring this up since there is more to the design than just the PLL bandwidth and damping factor.