Hi Mark.

> Le 14 sept. 2016 à 03:51, Mark Sims <hol...@hotmail.com> a écrit :
>
> Okee dokeee...  here it is.   Not much difference.   The initial step is
> smaller,  but it still spikes.  After that things are pretty much the same.
> After it cool down,  I'm doing another run with the initial voltage set to
> the peak of the spike.
>
> One slight difference was with the new initial voltage setting (closer to the
> current 10.00000000 MHz operating point),  it appeared to acquire satellites
> a few seconds faster (but that could just be luck of the draw).  Setting the
> initial voltage to something far off of optimum would be interesting... I
> seem to remember it taking several minutes to acquire.
>
> (Gratuitous astro feature plug...   Lady Heather can show moon
> rise/transit/set/age times in addition to the sun times)

I just upgraded from 3.0 beta and was hoping to get these additions from your
download page, but the V4.00 version doesn’t appear to have them. I see from
your screen shots that you are up to V4.08. Is this available to the nuts
public? Another Q. I see that with 4.0 I see « LEAP: PENDING! «  whereas on
your V4.08 screen shot I see the countdown. Where does LH get this info from?

Thx,
Mike
> ----------------------
>
>> I would be very interested to see the result of another dead cold start
> of this same Tbolt, with INIT set to 0.518v.  Of course, the time at
> which the second satellite is acquired (hence, the temperature of the
> crystal when discipline begins, and thus, the exact DAC voltage required
> for a stepless transition, will be a bit different from one start to the
> next, so it won't be perfect.  But it will be a hell of a lot better
> than starting from 0.499v).

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who
have not got it. »
George Bernard Shaw