[I keep forgetting to send these messages in plain text only. Sorry!]

Somewhere in one of these 105B discussions were some comments on the manual and its enormous set of change sheets. So I asked my wife, the former Laura Cline of HP Santa Clara marketing (post-sales support), "Why didn't you revise that manual?" She replied that she had offered to do so several times but management always refused. Apparently they kept thinking (hoping?) sales would drop to the point where they could discontinue the product, so why bother? I think when we retired in 1997 they were still selling it!

Jeremy