On Tue, Sep 20, 2016 at 12:56 PM, Bryan _ <bpl...@outlook.com> wrote:
> May also want to check the output amplitude. If memory serves me correct it
> is very common for a capacitor inside this model number to fail. It can be
> fixed but requires a torch or a pretty heavy duty soldering iron to get the
> can open.
> http://www.rbarrios.com/projects/MV89A/

It is possible to check the output level without an oscilloscope ? (I
don't have one yet). It seemed to trigger the Frequency/Stop input of
my 5370B with the Stop level set to Preset and divide by 1. I have
access to a HP3478 bench DMM but I'm not sure whether that will give a
correct level on AC volts at 10 MHz.
Thanks for the link on potential repairs, I think that will need brave
pills before I try torching anything open.

Tim