jim...@earthlink.net said:
> What I need is that really boring single camera watching from a single
> viewpoint with a high resolution counter in the field of view.  The "big
> countdown clock" at KSC doesn't show fractions of a second.

What's the technology for that clock?  I'll guess that was before LEDs so
they probably used glowing metal.  How long does that take to heat up when a
segment turns on or cool down when a segment turns off?  Could you recover
the camera frame offset by carefully examining the intensity in a few frames
around each second tick?

--
These are my opinions.  I hate spam.