On 10/28/2016 9:09 AM, Peter Reilley wrote:
The only document that I could find said 12 volt.

Pete.
The 82 series came in a lot of flavors. I have one 82-49 which is definitely 12V ( draws 0.12A when warm and maybe 0.3 when cold) and has a 5V pp square wave output at 10 MHz. It also has a Vref output and an EFC input. What is odd about this one is that it came to me from a TRW swap meet scrap dealer who bought stuff from Cubic Communications in San Diego and it had a "Reject" tag from them. Probably because it was supposed to be a 5 MHz unit as marked, so presumably had the wrong crystal fitted by Isotemp. Other versions of the 82 series (-10) were fitted to Racal Receivers like the RA6790/GM. Screw adjustment on the side and 5 MHz output.

Are you sure yours shouldn't have a 5V supply on that output IC? Could be why it died if there is an internal regulator that failed putting the full supply voltage on the IC?

Dan