If anyone has the time & inclination, a document comparing different time
interval counters would be useful to budding time nuts. There are quite a few
different models at prices that are affordable to many.

I have had a HP 5370B and a Stanford Research  SR620, but have neither now. I
regretted selling the HP, but then after buying the SR620, I swapped that and a
4.2 GHz HP signal generator for an HP 4291B 1.8 GHz impedance and material
analyzer.

I was looking for something cheap,  but see a used Keysight 53230A on eBay for
considerably more than a new one from Keysight. It had a "make offer" so I
could not resist pointing out a new one is much less, and making a redicously
low offer of $1000. I doubt it will be accepted,  but one never knows.  I once
got a current Ketsight product for 2% of the current price,  so anything is
possible.

But a  comparison of TI counters,  and a discussion of the important
specifications would be njce.

.Dave.