Use a video codec in a container to record your audio?

On 01/12/2016 9:19 AM, Tim Shoppa wrote:

... Is there a common digital audio format that embeds in the digital stream, a
timestamp marker of real-world-clock-time that the audio was recorded at?
I know that in the TV/video editing world, they have long used SMPTE and
derivative timecodes embedded in the video signal, and I'm guessing (been a
long time since I worked in the video editing field) that modern video
editing formats have progressed the SMPTE functionality.

Tim N3QE
_