There was a discussion here a while ago about synchronizing radio telescopes that were separated by some miles. The 1PPS from GPS was suggested as a possibility.

I am working on a project to do location by triangulation that uses the 1PPS signal. I would like to get better than the +-10 nS that the better receivers provide.

Pete.