Hi

The gotcha with transformer coupled coax is keeping it terminated over a wide
range of frequencies. If the coax is miss terminated
and the end of the cable is floating, you have a pretty good opportunity for
noise to get into the system. Floating shields are also a
pretty good way to get crosstalk. In many situations, isolation between outputs
is a pretty big deal.

Bob