It may be that they were all once regarded as Wavemeters, i.e. for measuring wavelength, but there was a distinction that is often dropped... the Absorption Wavemeter, as opposed to the "normal" variety.

Much like a video recording almost universally referred to as a "video"... a video what? :-)


On 15/02/2017 22:54, Bob Camp wrote:

Silly Canadians :)

It seems that the term either has drifted a bit over the last 70 years or there 
is indeed
another British / US difference here.


On Feb 15, 2017, at 5:00 PM, iovane--- via time-nuts <> wrote:

This Canadian RCA apparatus was also called wavemeter but is a heterodyne
frequency meter and a signal generator.


time-nuts mailing list --
To unsubscribe, go to
and follow the instructions there.

Reply via email to