Although I didn't have a way to log the temperature, I did have a couple of
thermocouples on the coil of coax.   The coil was rather tightly wound... maybe
7" OD,  3"ID, and 3" tall.  One thermocouple was  on the outside and one buried
in the center of the coil.   They stayed within a couple of degrees of each
other.

Coax in that configuration seems to be rather thermally "dense".  It took over
2 hours to approach room temperature equilibrium in open air.  I suspect the
results would be quite a bit different with coax on a spool with a much greater
surface area to volume ratio.   I want to try it again with the coil well
insulated and chilled overnight.