--------
In message <bad861e5-00a6-5ffc-e031-be6372a13...@rubidium.dyndns.org>, Magnus
Danielson writes:

>Also, there is a reason that you can buy different internal oscillators,
>this is one of them. For labs with their frequency distribution there is
>no need to waste money on stand-alone performance.

Please don't forget that running the counter of the same signal as
the circuits being measured runs the risk of masking noise processes.

I'm sure that modern counters like 53230 are better at this than
the 5370, but you should always sanity-check your measurements
using the counters internal, undisturbed timebase.

p...@freebsd.org         | TCP/IP since RFC 956