Hi

Best guess is that the “real work” on the firmware took place …errr… a bit over
19.6 years ago.
That’s a massively long time ago in terms of development tools and hardware.
Simply getting
a tool suite back up and going on the “old code” would be a big task in most
organizations. Ask
me about stuff I did 20 years ago and you’ll get a bit of a blank stare. That
assumes you still have
me on the payroll. Dig into it from scratch with nobody having direct
experience … yikes.  Yes, I’ve
been involved in those sort of projects, they rarely end well ….

Bob