When it first came out I wrote a review of the two volume work:
"The Quantum Physics of Atomic Frequency Standards" By Jacques Vanier and
Claude Audoin
for a well known journal. Not only was I paid handsomely but I was given the
book(s) to keep.
It is true it is written in English but it uses french idioms which suggests
the two francophone authors actually wrote it or at least thought of it in
french initially.
As it is a valuable and much treasured work I’d be reluctant to let it out of
my hands but I’d be quite prepared to copy a few pages to replace those that
are “smeared” in the photocopy in Perry Sandeen’s possession.
John P