On 1/19/18 12:54 PM, Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:
--------
In message <898171c2-0e9a-6a2a-dcfc-b7d893f89...@earthlink.net>, jimlux writes:

What about the plethora of LVDS receivers - they're basically a
differential input thresholder, with deliberate hysteresis, looking for
a 300 mV shift across a 100 ohm resistor.

I played with that, I used a small transformer to balance the signal
and then into LVDS receiver through a voltage divider.  Worked well,
but I didn't measure the jitter, it was just for a micro-controller.

You can also do it with capacitive dc block to one side, and some resistors - the ap notes describe it. The receivers are a fairly high Z input, so you pick the voltage divider resistors to make the termination resistance right for the incoming signal.