Dear fellow nuts,

I plan to build a decent GPS/GNSS-based Stratum 1 NTP server, and I'm
looking for a good and possibly affordable timing GPS receiver.
[]
Am I overlooking something or missing interesting options?

Cheers,

Paride IZ3SUS

Paride,

As Mark notes, you don't need a timing precision GPS receiver for NTP, a standard position GPS receiver is quite good enough providing it has a PPS output. If you're thinking Raspberry Pi, there are some ready-made modules such as:

 https://store.uputronics.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=81

Stephen mentioned the newer series-8 ublox modules. These are indeed excellent (and can receiver Galileo too), but a number of vendors advertising series-8 modules (on both eBay and Amazon) are using remarked series 5 or 6 chips without the series-8 functions. Use the ublox u-center program to check anything you buy. From Amazon, at least, I got an immediate refund.

73,
David GM8ARV
Web: http://www.satsignal.eu
Email: david-tay...@blueyonder.co.uk