Hi Daniel:

If you're concerned with accuracy of impedance measurements you might want to spent a lot of time studying "The Impedance Measurement Handbook", it's the bible for this.  The way the measurement is made has a huge impact on the accuracy.  For example using a vector network analyzer to measure an impedance that's not near 50 Ohms causes poor results.
http://prc68.com/I/Z.shtml#KeyDocs
For frequencies low enough to use 4 Terminal Pair, that's the way to go.
http://www.prc68.com/I/HP4274_4275_LCR.shtml#MeasMtd

--
Have Fun,

Brooke Clarke