From: time-nuts <time-nuts-boun...@lists.febo.com> On Behalf Of Attila
Kinali
Sent: Saturday, July 07, 2018 2:32 PM
To: Discussion of precise time and frequency measurement
<time-nuts@lists.febo.com>
Subject: Re: [time-nuts] WTS: Efratom PTB-100 Precision Timebase

On Fri, 6 Jul 2018 20:56:56 -0500
"Don@True-Cal" <truecalservi...@gmail.com> wrote:

> For someone interested in working on the Rb package which I believe is
> the FRK series. Worked great in my lab for years and recently started
> being real slow to lock during power cycles and now won't lock at all.
> Not sure what the fair asking price would be in this condition. Maybe
> someone has repair/refurb experience with the Efratom FRK.

It is likely that the lamp degraded to the point it doesnt produce enough
light anymore. People have reported that they could revive old lamps by
heating it up with a heat gun and let the rubidium condense again at the
nook where it is supposed to be.

                        Attila Kinali

--
<JaberWorky>    The bad part of Zurich is where the degenerates
                throw DARK chocolate at you.