Hi

Now, getting back to the original issue. MEMS oscillators of some types have
really tiny structures in them. They mount them as close to being in “free
space”
as they can. The idea is no different than a crystal. A properly shape lump
running
in free space has higher Q. Higher Q is normally a good thing in an oscillator.

It’s not a great leap to guess that there may be magnetic materials in a
structure
like that. If so, a giant magnetic field could put some force on the mounting
structure.
Put to much force (or to quick a “snap” in that force) and there goes the
structure into
really tiny pieces …..

Yes, there are a lot of other EMI possibilities. Last time I checked, things
like phones
and watches were not on the list of what you took with you for an MRI ….

Bob