It seems to me that the basic operation of the Rb cell and/or the filter
cell
and lamp must all involve the presence of some liquid Rb at normal
operating temperatures.  Otherwise, temperature regulation would not
be a viable means of controlling the Rb concentration on the vapor mix.

If I'm right about this, is there a concern that operating the device in an
inappropriate orientation might lead to liquid "puddling" in some area
that is harmful to either operating stability or operating lifetime?

Or is it that the amount is so small (~100 ug according to what I've
read) that it just doesn't matter?

Thanks,

Dana    K8YUM