Hi

Which all sort of begs the question:

Why not a simple “broadcast UDP” once a second time packet approach for a home
LAN?

Unless you get really crazy, it’s not going to be a very big packet. Seconds
since some
arbitrary point in time. Time zone offset. Maybe a leap second count. Server ID
maybe.
Less than 100 bytes not including the overhead.

Bob