Celestial navigation users might object to the notion that seconds are not
important.
That is, if you can find anybody still exercising that art.  In that arena,
folks are
taught to read seconds first, then minutes, then hours.

Depending on the latitude, one second can lead to something like 1/4 mile
position error.  So, realistically, one *might* tolerate a very few seconds
error
without exceeding reasonable error expectations, but certainly no more.

Dana