Okay, I think I'm beginning to get it.

I reread some articles about ESR with fresh eyes and what you wrote makes
sense. Since I won't be ordering many of them, it looks like a safer bet to
purchase a 10%, 1.5 Ohm ESR capacitor (Kemet PN: T495B105K035ATE1K5, Mouser PN:
80-T495B105K35ATE1K5). I figured the lower tolerance was good, but at the late
hour I was researching everything, the ESR was messing me up.

Thank you for helping me understand more about these capacitors, I really
appreciate it.

- John N5JT