At my current job we were looking into delay timings of video systems.

We were doing end-to-end measurement by putting a time display in front of a monitor
and have the camera show both the time display and the monitor.
It looks a bit like the old infinite mirror.
If you arrange things right it shows two images of the time display
one that lags the other.  And the difference is the round-trip delay.

When I'm on Skype and my co-worker shares his screen, I can see my own
camera image come back to me in a similar way.

So if I were to point my camera at a rolling time display, he shares
that image back to me, I could take video (with a second camera)
of both the live time display and the delayed.

The particular system we were measuring ended up having a multi-frame delay
due to the video codec having an optional frame re-ordering feature which
required buffering a group of frames at startup and carrying that delay forward.
We found out how to turn that off.

Chris