I have a 5372A, and way back when I got it, I of course looked for the manual and think I got the pdf. As I recall, this was from the era where HP still provided full "real" manuals with all the schematics etc. The exception sometimes is if the entire display is an OEM unit, treated as a single component, and minimally documented. I don't recall much of the guts, as it's been a lot of years since I saw the inside.

Do you have the regular manual? Is the display an OEM unit, or actually HP-made? If it's all HP, then it seems the schematics should be around somewhere, unless maybe accidentally left out of the printing somehow.

Ed