Hello Gilles

There's a reasonable way of treating data with gaps in it:

https://iopscience.iop.org/article/10.1088/0026-1394/45/6/S19

Essentially, any averaging interval with missing data is dropped from
the ADEV summation.
This reduces the number of intervals averaged over and increases the
uncertainty but is better than faking data.

Stable32 provides an  implementation of the algorithm. See p18 of the manual.

Cheers
Michael