On 10.05.22 10:37, Neville Michie wrote:
The use of forward then reverse Fourier transforms is one of the most important
achievements of the Fourier transform. When one data set is convolved with
another data set, it appears impossible to undo the tangle.
But if the data is transformed into the Fourier domain, serial division can
separate
the data, and transformation back will yield the original data.

Absolutely, but in this case I was wondering why to do the costly O(n log n) forward transform at all, if its output can be directly computed in O(n).